Friday, May 6, 2011

Summer Sales

So I'm coming out of a school semester with a lot of product from my ceramics class. I have one more load to fire and then on to the summer sales. I have been thinking about it and I'm going to sell from my front lawn first, kinda like a yard sale only better. I live on a highly traffic'd road and I learned from a potter in Wisconsin years ago that if 1,000 people cross your business a day that he's found he could sell enough to be successful. I might not get 1,000 people crossing my house in a day but I really think I'll be able to sell enough to make it worth the effort...

Honestly this is quite an adventure for me. I've never had any formal training in running a successful business or even selling my wares. All I have is common sense and the feeling in my gut that I can do it. Is that unreasonable? I don't think it is. Even if the front lawn pottery sell doesn't work I know that my wares are able to be sold and worthy of admiration. It's an invigorating feeling having worthy art and it is a long time coming. Wish me luck! I'll let you know how it turns out...