Monday, March 14, 2011

I've been thinking again...

So every now and then I come up with some new fandangled idea in my head that I just can't shake. Usually my wife humors my endless jabbering of what I intend to do but never get around to doing... This time I'm really going to do something with my idea!
One issue that I've had for some time now is taking good professional looking pictures of my pottery. I saw somewhere that I could make a light box out of a cardboard box and that seemed to work alright but the box began breaking down quickly and now I need something a little bit stronger. So I found a program online called Google SketchUp (http://sketchup.google.com) and I began tinkering with it. This is what I came up with! It's made from wood and you place a sturdy, neutral colored poster board inside as the backdrop (most poster boards are 22" wide, thus the dimensions) and shine a light down through a white sheet to create the soft light. I made it 18" deep because my work table is 2' deep and I wanted some play room when I place it on the table. Honestly, the deeper the better as far as function goes. As soon as I can I'm going to be making this and I'll let you know how it turns out... Wish me luck!!